RIIO Limited, our subsidiaries and affiliates (“RIIO Limited” or “we” or “us”) care about your privacy and are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with fair information practices and applicable data protection laws. This website www.riiomoney.com is provided by RIIO Limited (“RIIO Limited“, “we“, “us“, “our“) having its registered office at 120 Bark Street Bolton Manchester BL1 2AX. As the controller of this information, we’re providing this personal notice to explain our approach to all personal information belonging to our website users and/or of our mobile (Mobile App) application users.
Privacy Statement Introduction
Private or personal information means all information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This policy explains the type of information we collect from you, or you provide to us, what we will use it for and with whom we share that information. Your rights are also clearly stated in this private policy and who you can contact for more information. In order to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will handle it, kindly read the following carefully
Within the confines of this Private Policy, Your information is sometimes called “personal data”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal data as “processing” such personal data.
Within the bounds of this Private Policy, the term “Data Protection Legislation” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation; together with all other applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection.
The Information We Collect from you
The personal data we collect and process relating to you may include:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as Your Postal Address, your Email Address and telephone number (or any telephone number used to call our customer services);
- Your demographic information such as age, education, gender, and interests;
- Evidence of Your identity (for example passport information);
- unique identifiers such as username, account number and password;
- Your profiles and postings on any other social media applications and services that we provide or that You make available to us;
- Your payment details or other financial data, e.g.: Your bank or payment method provider’s name, or your account number, sort code and billing Address.
We also collect from you information in relation to other people (e.g.: details of the recipients of your money transfers), where You provide us with such information. By providing us with such information you confirm that you have obtained any necessary permission from such persons to the reasonable use of their information for such purposes in accordance with this notice, or are otherwise permitted to give us this information on their behalf. Please also ensure that those other people are aware of this notice and that the provisions of this notice are clearly communicated to them.
How we collect information about You
- Information you provide to us while using our service. We will collect certain information from youwhenyou use our services. This information includes your name, Address and card number, as well as the name and other details the recipients of the money transfers that you instruct us to carry out.
- Other information provided to us. This includes information about you provided to us by filling in forms on our site (e.g.: the ‘contact us’ section) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Social Media. Depending on Your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, You might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
- Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources, which includes publicly available databases. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records and provide services that may be of interest to you.
- Cookies. Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone / tablet). They improve website use and speed – for example by automatically filling your name and Address in text fields.
- Mobile App:
- When You download our Mobile App; we:
- automatically collect information on the type of device You use, operating system version, and system and performance information. We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure You receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about Your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- may collect your location-based information for the purpose of locating a place that You may be searching for in Your area.
- may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on Your phone. This software may record information such as how often You use the Mobile App, the events that occur within it, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the Mobile App was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal data You submit within the Mobile App.
How your information is treated and used
We use your personal information to provide our services to you: This is when we use personal information necessary for conducting money transfers and other payment services.
We use your personal information for legal compliance purposes: This is when we use personal information needed to comply with legal duties which includes; anti money laundering, prevention and prosecution of fraud and theft and other illegal or wrongful activity.
We also use your personal information for the following:
- to register You with a RIIO Limited account;
- to process Your Transaction / (Airtime Top Up) Request;
- to send You confirmations;
- to notify You about changes to our services;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site and our services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to You and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to You;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to You and other users of our site about services that may interest You or them.
Legal bases upon which we use your personal information
The law permits us RIIO Limited to process Your personal data in the way we do because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate
interests that we pursue, which are:
- to run and administer our business;
- to prevent fraud;
- to provide you with our services;
- to evaluate, develop or improve our services;
- to keep you informed about relevant products and services you are using;
- to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary; and/or
- to provide You with an efficient and smooth customer experience;
- necessary for the performance of our contract with You to provide You with our services;
- necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- permitted by You, because You have given us consent.
Sharing your information
- We may disclose data to provide our services, to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, liaise with judicial or regulatory authorities where required under applicable law, and protect our rights and property.
- The personal information You provide to us may
also be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service
providers or related companies, including without limitation:
- with credit reference agencies to verify Your identity or recipients of the money transferred through the Service, if this is necessary to provide You with our services, respond to Your enquiries or for any other related purposes, and
- with fraud prevention agencies who may use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify Your identity (please note that those who commit fraud can be refused services, finance or employment.
- We may also share Your personal information
- other companies we have instructed to provide services to or for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted.
- to any other third party, but only subject to your prior consent.
Networking & Links to Other Sites
How your information is protected
We ensure that there are appropriate protections when you enter certain information such as a credit card number on our order forms; we encrypt the transmission of that information using reasonable security measures.
The period by which your information is kept with us
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above, or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
The period for which we will retain information about You will vary depending on the type of information and the purposes that we use it for. In general, we will keep our records for up to 7 years after you have terminated your relationship with us, in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We may retain your contact information collected for the purposes of sending you marketing communications in accordance with this policy for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
When you do not wish to continue your relationship with us
You will be given a choice when You provide us with Your personal information to opt in or opt out of receiving marketing communications.
You have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list for marketing communications, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further marketing e-mail communication from being sent to You.
Your legitimate rights
Your right includes:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about You;
- to ask us to delete Your personal data, if You consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of Your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending You marketing messages at any time by using the below contact details;
- to restrict processing of Your personal data;
Should you wish to enforce any of these rights, you may exercise your right by contacting us. We will comply with our legal obligations regarding your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, you will need to let us know if any of your personal details has changed. Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data is accurate, and we will rectify any personal data that is incorrect promptly and in any case within one month of your request.
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to Your privacy.
120 Bark Street